ICT Services is currently looking for a Windows System Administrator to work onsite with one of our customers in Limerick. This is a full-time permanent role to work for a leading biotechnology company with a very attractive package on offer.
The engineer will support and maintain Microsoft Windows servers. This includes responding to service outages and other problems, and being a Tier 2 escalation point for server problems with the application support teams. The Engineer will support virtualized and standalone servers and will need a good understanding of VMWare (Vblock and VxRail).
- Provide hands-on support and engineering work in the Windows 2008/2012/2016/2019 server environment
- Provide hands-on support and engineering work in VMWare 6.7 and above environment.
- Monitor system performance or event logs for normal operations.
- Familiarity with PowerShell and PowerCli for VMware.
- Apply documented system and security patches to ensure the security and stability of the environment
- Monitor system capacity against specific capacity plans
- Active Directory User management including group memberships and file system security
- Working with SCCM and Certificate management.
- Familiarity with administering AWS cloud-based environments an advantage
- Adherence to change and incident management processes. Work the incident queue to resolve L2 server and L3 desktop tickets. Submit RFCs for all changes made in the environment, following documented procedures
- Experience managing queues within ticketing systems
- Adherence to Problem Management processes. Gather and document information to assist with the root cause or escalate to tier 3 for solution
- Ability to be part of a team and follow instructions accurately and effectively
- Good verbal and written communications as the engineer will need to interface with the Windows management team and the SDM to report status