ICT Services is currently hiring for a System Administrator on behalf of one of our partners.
Working on one of our customer sites, this is a fast-paced and rapidly changing business environment which requires an individual with an energetic and enthusiastic approach, along with maturity, self-confidence and self-motivation.
This role is based at present in the client’s office in Dublin 16, however the location of the role may vary based on project and customer demands.
- Work within a team to deliver Managed Services to our customer(s), to required SLAs.
- Provide and manage proactive maintenance and monitoring on customer systems.
- Effectively interact with and coach other members of the team to provide solutions to complex technical issues.
- Deliver services in line with Incident, Problem and Change Management processes.
- Manage issues or outages to resolution, identify key points of contact, and manage communications within the delivery and customer teams.
- Update Incident, Request, Problem and Change tickets in the ticketing system.
- Maintain relevant Asset and Configuration Item records in the system.
- Analyse, plan and deliver infrastructure changes.
- Proactively manage tasks such as patching, monitoring, etc.
- Maintain configuration and process documentation.
- Responsibility for ongoing support, monitoring and management of:
- ISCSI SAN Support
- Backup system management
- Microsoft patch management
- Virtual cluster based on vSphere 6.x or Hyper-V
- Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019
- IIS on Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019
- Server hardware
- Variety of customer projects utilising all above technologies as well as:
- Active Directory
- SCOM, SCCM
- Exchange 2010
- Microsoft 365
- Minimum 4+ years proven experience in an infrastructure support background.
- Aptitude for solving problems and acting on own initiative.
- Strong team player highly motivated with a willingness to learn.
- Fluent written/verbal English
- Excellent interpersonal skills and being an effective communicator, able to deal with people at all levels, both within and outside the business.
- Ability to suggest alternative solutions, innovate and use past experience, to streamline operations.
- Excellent documentation skills.