ICT Services is currently looking for a Cisco Network Engineer to work with one of our customers in Limerick. This role has the option for daily rate and full-time as well, and the successful candidate will work for a leading biotechnology company and will have primary responsibility for a campus wide LAN, WAN, Wireless, and Datacentre network environment. The role will be hybrid, 3 days onsite, 2 remote.
- The technologies within the scope of this position include a range of Cisco networking products, architectures, and technologies including but not limited to:
- 3504 Wireless Controllers
- ASR Series Routers
- 5520/9800 Wireless Controllers
- 7200 Series Routers
- NGFW Palo Alto
- Catalyst 9400 Series Switches
- Catalyst 3700/3850 Switches
- Catalyst 4500 Series Switches
- Catalyst 6509 VSS Switches
- Nexus 2000/5000/7000 Series
- AWS cloud
- GP Client VPN
- Cisco DNA
- Participate in planning, engineering, designing, implementing, and managing Cisco infrastructure and responsible for configuration, maintenance and capacity planning for technologies in scope.
- Accountable to execute project engineering and solution processes & functions for technologies in scope. Responsible for service and project delivery.
- Accountable to define, maintain, communicate, implement & execute the enterprise architecture, engineering & standards strategy and for its operational usage across the enterprise for technologies in scope.
- Participate within a virtual enterprise wide & badge transparent team, assisting in setting the technical direction.
- Contribute to the technology lifecycle & roadmap for the technologies in scope, including technology absorption & risk, technology refresh, migration & retirement strategies.
- Stay abreast of technical trends and technology direction.
- Educate & mentor the technical virtual team and appropriate management in the use of the technologies in scope.
- Execute capacity planning and monitoring processes for technologies in scope.
- Develop, monitor, report and present key infrastructure performance metrics for technologies in scope.
- Maintains on-call availability to respond to network issues and up-time; must be flexible and available with the scheduling.
- Current CCNP R&S certification or CCIE R&S. Verification required.
- 7+ years of experience in selecting, design engineering, solution engineering, project engineering, integrating, and implementing Cisco network architecture and related technologies.
- Solid NX-OS, IOS, and IOS-XE Routing & Switching experience
- Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Cisco routers, switches, and wireless including in a Datacentre environment
- QoS knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complex networking problems.
- Demonstrated effective decision making that had significant impact on technology direction and related business results.
- Experience in providing consulting to senior management on the use and selection of these technologies.
- Demonstrated skills in developing a technology plan including technical strategy and direction as well as the related business case for the use of that technology.
- Strong background and understanding of the technical direction in this space and the prevailing standards.
- Ability to explain complex technical detail and trade-offs to non-technical associates.
- Ability to mentor and develop other engineers & architects.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to present solutions to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Crucial Conversations as demonstrated by the ability to facilitate and conduct crucial conversations when stakes are high, emotions are strong and opinions vary that result in win/win solutions and while doing so fostering communication by encouraging open, honest two-way communication.
- Excellent documentation skills are required