ICT Services is a leading IT field services, roll-out and support services group.
ICT Services deliver best in class IT solutions to customers, among them the biggest names in business across key industry sectors throughout Ireland. Supported by a network of engineers, an expert back office team, and with a meticulous attention to detail, the result is a first-class service. We provide a rapid response to requests, and round the clock dependability.
ICT Services is currently looking for a Senior Network Engineer to work onsite with one of our customers in Dublin. This role is a 1-year daily rate contract to be based onsite initially, with option of hybrid work. The expected start date for this position is in May 2023.
- The technologies within the scope of this position include a range of Cisco networking products, architectures, and technologies including but not limited to:
- 3504 Wireless Controllers
- ASR Series Routers
- 5520/9800 Wireless Controllers
- 7200 Series Routers
- NGFW Palo Alto
- Catalyst 9400 Series Switches
- Catalyst 3700/3850 Switches
- Catalyst 4500 Series Switches
- Catalyst 6509 VSS Switches
- Nexus 2000/5000/7000 Series
- AWS cloud
- GP Client VPN
- Cisco DNA
- Participate in planning, engineering, designing, implementing, and managing Cisco infrastructure and responsible for configuration, maintenance and capacity planning for technologies in scope.
- Accountable to define, maintain, communicate, implement & execute the enterprise architecture, engineering & standards strategy and for its operational usage across the enterprise for technologies in scope.
- Establish and maintain strong collaborative relationships with strategic partners from within IT Service Management, Business Partner Manager, Project Portfolio Management, and Application Operations as well as all external outsourced IT infrastructure service providers.
- Stay abreast of technical trends and technology direction.
- Execute capacity planning and monitoring processes for technologies in scope.
- Develop, monitor, report and present key infrastructure performance metrics for technologies in scope.
- Current CCIE Certification – Enterprise Infrastructure (formerly CCIE Routing & Switching), Cisco IP Telephony
- 7+ years of experience in selecting, design engineering, solution engineering, project engineering, integrating, and implementing Cisco network architecture and related technologies.
- Experience of Cisco Certified Specialist – Enterprise Design, CCNP Enterprise.
- Experience working with Cisco DNA, Cisco ICE, Cisco CUCM, Cisco Firewalls, Cisco ASR’s.
- Experience in the design and implementation of a migration strategy at both Datacentre level as well as LAN utilising software-defined technologies.
- Knowledge of DWDM technologies.
- Demonstrate experience in performing perimeter firewalls upgrade and redesign.
- Demonstrate experience of Datacentre operations and management tools.