ICT Services is currently looking for an experienced Network Support Engineer to join our team here in Dublin 12.
The successful candidate will be working on a busy managed services environment, servicing a broad range of customers across range of network technologies.
You will be part of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team and will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of ICT environments and as such should demonstrate ICT technical skills and be a confident communicator who possesses excellent attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills. You will handle requests ranging from routing/switching, firewall, VoIP, and IT support that transcend our clients’ expectations.
- This experienced IT professional will play a key role in supporting the IT infrastructure, networks and security.
- Support, configure and install network security devices (primarily Sonicwall and Fortinet)
- Maintain and improve documentation of customers network environment
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Co-ordinate with vendors and other IT teams to resolution
- Responsible for implementation of Network Infrastructures
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- IT Degree or equivalent combination of qualifications and experience
- Prior experience in supporting Network Routing, Switching, Security.
- Knowledge in several of the following: Logging, network access control, Sonicwall or Fortinet routing and switching, VPN, configuration of firewalls.
- Experience in virtualisation technologies, such as VMware
- Experience in storage/backup best practices hardware and operating systems.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and Internet standards including excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.