Infrastructure Support Engineer – DublinApril 26, 2021
Project Manager – Dublin, RemoteMay 11, 2021
ICT Services is currently looking for a Network Support Engineer to work onsite with one of our customers in Dublin.
This role will see the successful candidate working on the management and improvement of the customer’s network working closely with the customer in order to attend his business needs while maintaining service level quality of network infrastructure and its components.
- Provide Level 2/3 support for the corporate network and customer network
- Install, document, implement and support of global converged network technologies
- IP routing protocols including BGP, OSPF, IP Multicast
- Network capacity planning, performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions
- Maintain up to date network diagram, standard, documentation for internal and external customers detailing configuration of deployed solutions
- Resolve operational issues involving Firewalls, routers, switches in a multi-vendor environment
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent in IT with a certification, preferably CCNA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP or equivalent Juniper Certifications
- Ideal candidate should have at least 3-4+ year experience in Layer 2 technologies, routing, and switching in an enterprise environment
- Significant Cisco and/or Juniper experience, Infrastructure/Networked environments with hardware (routers, switches, firewall, etc.), software (IOS, NX-OS), network security practices, designing, planning and implementing LAN-MA
- N-WANs using the industry standard technologies.
- Strong skills and experience in data network technologies: OSPF, BGP, VRRP, MPLS, VPN, VLAN, Trunking, EtherChannel and QoS.
- Strong commitment to technical excellence and teamwork are required
- Demonstrate proficiency with the provisioning and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN connectivity technologies
- Comprehensive hands-on experience with LAN/WLAN/WAN technologies
- Comprehensive hands-on experience with Cisco routers, Catalyst switches, Cisco ASA 55xx security devices and Juniper SRX platforms
- Enterasys knowledge would be beneficial
- Knowledge of general virtualization technologies.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory Domain Services Administration and the ability to help/work with the Wintel team