Infrastructure Support Engineer – DublinApril 26, 2021
Project Manager – Dublin, RemoteMay 11, 2021
ICT Services is currently looking for a Network Support Engineer to work onsite with one of our customers in Dublin 4.
This role will see the successful candidate working on the management and improvement of the customer’s network working closely with the customer in order to attend his business needs while maintaining service level quality of network infrastructure and its components.
- Provide Level 2 support for the corporate network and customer network
- Install, document, implement and support of global converged network technologies
- IP routing protocols including BGP, OSPF, IP Multicast
- Network capacity planning, performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions
- Maintain up to date network diagram, standard, documentation for internal and external customers detailing configuration of deployed solutions
- Resolve operational issues involving Firewalls, routers, switches in a multi-vendor environment
- Update and Record of activities in relevant IT Ticket Management System, Coordinating and agreeing attendance time and date with key stakeholders.
- Support Network and Server teams by assisting with rack and stack and running cables.
- 5-7 years of Enterprise IT Infrastructure, Data Center Infrastructure experience or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience working closely with technical and operations team.
- Bachelor of Engineering / Technology / Science or Equivalent Work Experience
- MCP/MCSE, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA are desirable certifications
- Knowledge of ITIL and experience of working within an ITIL environment would be beneficial
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent in IT with a certification, preferably CCNA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP or equivalent Juniper Certifications
- Strong skills and experience in data network technologies: OSPF, BGP, VRRP, MPLS, VPN, VLAN, Trunking, EtherChannel and QoS.
- Strong commitment to technical excellence and teamwork are required
- Working knowledge of Active Directory Domain Services Administration and the ability to help/work with the Wintel team