ICT Services is currently looking for a Network Support Engineer to work onsite with one of our customers in Cork. Our client is an international information technology services company with annual revenues of EUR 11 billion and 105,000 employees. Serving a global client base, it delivers hi-tech transactional services, consulting, systems integration and managed services.
This role will see the successful candidate working on the management and improvement of the customer’s network working closely with the customer in order to attend his business needs while maintaining service level quality of network infrastructure and its components.
- Provide Level 1/2 support for the corporate network and customer network
- Install, document, implement and support of global converged network technologies
- IP routing protocols including BGP, OSPF, IP Multicast
- Network capacity planning, performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions
- Maintain up to date network diagram, standard, documentation for internal and external customers detailing configuration of deployed solutions
- Resolve operational issues involving Firewalls, routers, switches in a multi-vendor environment
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent in IT with a certification, preferably CCNA, Comptia Network+
- Ideal candidate should have at least 2 years experience in Layer 1/2 technologies, routing, and switching in an enterprise environment