ICT Services are currently seeking a Level 2 Desktop Support Engineer, working on one of our customer sites in Dublin 7. This is a daily rate contract initially for 6-12 months with a view to go permanent after 1 year of service.
- Provide remote and desk side support services to end users.
- Troubleshoot PC related problems either via phone, remote tools or desk side support.
- Be responsible for the day to day technical support and for client environment
- 2nd Level diagnostics and support on hardware, PC’s, laptops, handhelds (IOS+Android) and printers.
- Build, configure and deploy computers (desktops, laptops, tablets, handhelds) according to company standards and policies.
- PC and laptop re-imaging from scripts and installers.
- Installation, fault finding and diagnosis of relevant desktop software packages to ensure maximum availability.
- On site break-fix for all in-scope devices.
- Responsible for replacing hardware according to the company’s hardware refresh policy.
- Managing devices with Microsoft EndPoint Configuration Manager.
- Packaging and deployment of software via SCCM.
- Remote access to fix issues via TeamViewer, MS Teams, etc.
- Citrix Netscaler installation and configuration.
- Office 365 and Adobe licencing, management and deployment.
- Managing users and groups within Azure Active Directory
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Intune)
- Ensure asset tracking database is updated based on additions and changes to hardware assignment
- Interface with local management team on hardware requirements for users and site
- Support printers, scanners, and other peripherals.
- Competence in desktop support with a of minimum 2 years relevant experience.
- CompTIA A+ certification
- Hands on SCCM experience is required
- Basic networking knowledge, including patching and cabling.
- Extensive knowledge of Win 7, Win 10 MS Office, Office365.
- Customer handling skills.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly with customers and management