ICT Services are currently seeking a Desktop Support Engineer, working on one of our customer sites in Carrigtwohill. This is a full-time permanent role, onsite based, to support users on a mix of L1/L2 related issues.
- Provide remote and desk side support services to end users.
- Troubleshoot PC related problems either via phone, remote tools or desk side support.
- Build, configuring and troubleshoot PC and laptop applications and hardware components.
- Be responsible for the day to day technical support and for client environment
- Install and configure new client hardware using global standards
- Day-to-Day management of technical support department, providing IT support to in excess of 1200 users daily.
- Responsible for organizing, scheduling, communicating, and managing all logged calls across all support teams, in order to anticipate any problems that may affect the business, aiming to keep all computer systems operating healthy in full operational capacity.
- Research and implement solutions in a timely manner in both software and hardware issues.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues in the network environment.
- Provide client support through a series of actions, via either phone, email, or chat.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports and create and document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals.
- Responsible for making purchase orders for IT equipment, to keep stocks levels high, to meet company requirements.
- Ensure client satisfaction and provide an optimal level of customer service across various departments.
- Responsible for the secure access to the Data Centers in client’s sites.
- Liaise with remote workplace services colleagues to resolve client hardware issues
- Ensure asset tracking database is updated based on additions and changes to hardware assignment
- Interface with local management team on hardware requirements for users and site
- Support printers, scanners, and other peripherals.
- Be responsible for configuration and distribution of mobile phones
- Support mobile devices, such as iPads, iPhones.
- Competence in desktop support with a of minimum 3 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Hardware, Driver and Software support
- Basic knowledge of Network Infrastructure including patching/cabling
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly with customers and management