ICT Services are currently seeking Deskside Support Engineer to be based in Belfast. This is a 1-year contract position working in a fast-paced environment. Applicants must have previous experience in similar environments and be comfortable with traveling between 2 sites located in Belfast.
- Provide 1st / 2nd line remote and desk side support services to end users.
- Troubleshoot PC related problems either via phone, remote tools or desk side support.
- Build, configure and troubleshoot PC and laptop applications and hardware components.
- Managing Active Directory (AD), SCCM, Intune DEP, Office 365 etc.
- Logging tickets from Queries of employees for remote troubleshooting.
- Onboarding new employees in the use of Laptops/MacBook’s and IPADS using documented procedures.
- Management of ServiceNow tickets by observing due SLA’s and stock validations of assets onsite.
- Diagnosing hardware and software issues and escalating major IT issues to team head.
- Management of stock validations of all assets onsite.
- Facilitate a warranty repair with the relevant hardware vendor.
- Perform ad-hoc deployment and/or on-site installation of workstation hardware and/or software.
- Perform coordination of workstation asset recovery.
- Maintenance of workstation/workstation spare parts break/fix, upgrades and new hires.
- Complete incidents and requests within SLA in pressurised environment.
- Experience with change control (ITIL best practice).
- Support printers, scanners and other peripherals.
- Experience with supporting a highly technical user base.
- Travel may be involved in this role.
- Network troubleshooting at hardware level.
- Refurbishing, testing, imaging and troubleshooting of PC’s. Installation of operating systems.
- Install and configuration of routers, switches and hubs.
- Experience with practical technical service for complex systems, AV systems, IT. and/or technical this will be advantage.