ICT Services are pleased to be partnering with a growing renewable energy company who are looking to hire an experienced IT Manager based out of their Cork operation.
Reporting to the COO you will be responsible for overseeing the company IT Infrastructure and systems and maximise the IT strategy and develop the long-term IT vision.
This is a full-time permanent role offering flexible hours and remote/hybrid working options.
What you will be doing:
- Manage the IT infrastructure and applications
- Develop the technology infrastructure to support the business and its evolving local and international needs.
- Oversee IT/Development Operations, Support Operations, Corporate training and facilities management functions across the enterprise.
- Lead initiatives around change and release management, customer communications, and innovation in operational practices. Ensure the highest levels of availability and satisfaction while managing expenses to support earnings growth and positive operating leverage.
- Management of hardware maintenance, software maintenance, hosting, and infrastructure suppliers.
- Manage down supplier costs and get best value for purchases made.
- Manage suppliers on an ongoing basis to ensure they deliver a high quality of service or provide feedback where necessary.
- Manage the IT function to ensure that all IT requests are planned and that there is a consistent flow of value-add work through IT.
- Manage requests for change to minimise disruption to the business and so that focus is kept on the agreed priorities.
- Manages an IT risk register and makes that available where requested.
What you will need:
- 10 + years of experience developing and deploying enterprise-level solutions
- A proven track record of delivery at an IT Manager with extensive people leadership experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a technical field with related experience. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Some related project management experience is required
- Experience with computers, storage, networking, data center, end-point planning is required
- Detailed understanding of hardware, networking, telecommunications, operating systems, O365
- Detailed understanding of project management, problem definition, troubleshooting and development methodologies.
- Experience with compute, storage, networking, data center, end-point planning is required
- Experience in energy sector will be a plus, but not mandatory
What you will get:
- Competitive salary
- Discounted health cover
- Education assistance
- Share options
- Flexible hours
- Remote working options