ICT Services is a leading IT field services, roll-out and support services group.
ICT Services deliver best in class IT solutions to customers, among them the biggest names in business across key industry sectors throughout Ireland. Supported by a network of engineers, an expert back office team, and with a meticulous attention to detail, the result is a first-class service. We provide a rapid response to requests, and round the clock dependability.
This is a cutting-edge organisation, continually evolving to provide class leading business enhancing solutions. We are an ideal place for innovative and energetic people who want to grow their experience. You will have the opportunity to develop your career from both a technical and commercial perspective, while working in a cross section of sectors, as a valued part of a dynamic team.
ICT Services are currently seeking a Desktop Support Engineer, working on one of our customer sites in Sligo. This is a full-time position working onsite with our customer.
- Provide remote and desk side support services to end users.
- Provide competent IT support and ensure that issues are dealt with in a prompt and appropriate manner.
- Troubleshoot PC related problems either via phone, remote tools or desk side support.
- Build, configuring and troubleshoot PC and laptop applications and hardware components.
- Experienced with troubleshooting and fixing hardware issues (desktops, laptops, routers, switches, printers, etc.)
- Perform ad-hoc deployment and/or on-site installation of workstation hardware and/or software.
- Basic network knowledge (LAN, WAN, Switches)
- Basic knowledge of connectivity (Firewalls, Remote access, VPN)
- Perform coordination of workstation asset recovery.
- Maintenance of workstation/workstation spare parts break/fix, upgrades and new hires.
- Complete incidents and requests within SLA in pressurised environment.
- Log all calls in the Service Desk Management system, ensuring that incidents are assigned and actioned appropriately.
- Ensure tickets are updated daily.
- Support meeting room environment and video conferencing, as needed.
- Support printers, scanners and other peripherals.
- Support mobile devices, such as iPads, iPhones.
- End-User Data back-up and restoration, as needed
- A 3rd level IT or related qualification.
- Microsoft Certified Professional certification in current systems is an advantage.
- Other accreditations and relevant experience in Information Technology an advantage. (ITIL)
- Experience with a wide range of hardware including servers, routers, firewalls, personal computers, laptops and printers
- Experience in the use of server application software such as Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Exchange Online, Microsoft SQL 2012/2014/2016, Microsoft 365 is required.
- Experience with a wide range of operating systems such as Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016, Windows 10 is essential.