ICT Services are currently seeking a Desktop (Level 2) Support Resource, working at sites in Galway. This is a full-time contract position working in a fast paced and extremely high-profile client. Applicants must have previous experience in similar environments and meet and exceed the minimum requirements below
- Provide 2nd line remote and desk side support services to end users.
- Troubleshoot PC related problems either via phone, remote tools or desk side support.
- Build, configure and troubleshoot PC and laptop applications and hardware components.
- Facilitate a warranty repair with the relevant hardware vendor.
- Perform ad-hoc deployment and/or on-site installation of workstation hardware and/or software.
- Perform coordination of workstation asset recovery.
- Maintenance of workstation/workstation spare parts break/fix, upgrades and new hires.
- Complete incidents and requests within SLA in pressurised environment.
- Experience with change control (ITIL best practice).
- Remote access management of datacentre calls.
- Experience with Solo winds an advantage.
- Ensure tickets are updated daily.
- Support meeting room environment and video conferencing, as needed.
- Support printers, scanners and other peripherals.
- Support mobile devices, such as iPads, iPhones.
- End-User Data back-up and restoration, as needed.
- Basic remote server monitoring.
- Management of tape rotation.
- Experience with supporting a highly technical user base.
- Travel may be involved in this role.
- Support our distributed customer base across Galway Region.
- Multi-Vendor Hardware Maintenance Support (PCs, Laptops, Printers and peripherals).
- Microsoft OS Support and trouble shooting.
- Network troubleshooting at hardware level.
- Refurbishing, testing, imaging and troubleshooting of PC’s. Installation of operating systems.
- Install and configuration of routers, switches and hubs.
- Experience with practical technical service for complex systems, AV systems, IT. and/or technical this will be advantage.