ICT Services are currently seeking a Deskside Support Engineer, working on one of our customer sites in Dublin 2. This is a rolling fixed term contract to work for a multinational in the financial services space.
- Provide end users with operational and technical support and to meet Service Levels.
- Coordinate activities with the Service Desk and provide Level 2 and Level 3 Support to the Service Desk and/or end users as necessary.
- Dispatch and monitor break/fix repairs;
- Perform approved Install, Move, Add, Change and Delete (IMACD) Services for end user desktops/laptops
- Coordinate efforts with Third-Party Vendors providing service and maintenance as necessary to keep desktops/laptops in good working order.
- Perform proactive and reactive troubleshooting to effectively identify potential Incidents or Problems, and commercially reasonable efforts to prevent them before they occur.
- Identify the scope of an Incident or a Problem and remedy the Incident or Problem, by providing operational and technical assistance, as necessary.
- Replace desktops/laptops to conduct a repair, copy data, perform backups, perform restorations.
- Assist end users with support to enable the correct use of desktops/laptops
- At least 3 years hands on experience in Deskside Support Services.
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivating
- Ability to provide consistent, excellent customer support to entire staff, representing a variety of personalities and management levels
- Strong Microsoft operating System installation and troubleshooting skills
- Basic knowledge to support Mac and iOS devices
- Experience in IT related services with basic understanding of Networks & Servers
- Experience including remote control of PCs and video conferencing knowledge