Deployment EngineerSeptember 23, 2019
Technical Service Desk AnalystOctober 4, 2019
ICT Services are currently working in conjunction with one of our biggest partners in order to deliver a large infrastructure upgrade project at our customers Dublin site. As part of this project we have several positions open for engineers to work onsite with our customer.
One of these roles is for an experienced Technical Delivery Manager who will work onsite with our client. The Technical Delivery Manager will have general responsibility for the successful management and delivery of the overall project. This role requires you to have good communication, people management and technical delivery experience.
About the role
- Manage employees in one or more of the following domains: windows, messaging, database, mainframes, Unix, service management, datacenter, C-RIM.
- Monitor service delivery performance against targets and customer service indicators.
- Develop and implement process improvement to maximize service delivery and minimize costs.
- Recognize business needs and find areas for growth at the client by assisting service delivery managers with identifying new services to offer to the client.
- Ensure documentation standards are maintained.
- Manage day to day administrative issues of the team.
- Build and maintain high team leader morale, and positively cascades Corporate and Departmental communications.
- Lead, guide and develop direct reports on a day to day basis to achieve objectives and targets in accordance with the Performance Management process.
- Handle all employee relation matters in an appropriate and timely manner and in accordance with HR policies and procedures.
- Ensure training is provided as required to adapt and improve skill sets for changes in work profiles.
- Identify areas of risk around delivery and mitigate those in timely manner.
- Act as an escalation point for external/internal clients. Escalate situations that may impact achievement of service commitments and KPIs/Targets in accordance with agreed procedures. Follow escalations through to completion ensuring all parties informed as required.
- Participate in management reviews as required.
- Contribute to organization wide service excellence programs.
- Contribute to monthly and quarterly management reporting.
- Strives for high levels of client satisfaction for the products/solutions supported.
- Participation in opportunity evaluation process.
- Pro-actively managing the implementation of services.
- Account information gathering, assimilation and translation into process documentation.
- Delivery of presentations/demonstrations to client and client prospects.
- Recognise additional service opportunities.
- Achieves and/or exceeds the Service Level Agreements (SLAs) established in the contract statement of work (SOW).
- Individual has ultimate responsibility for delivery of the systems, processes, technologies, and personnel that result in meeting the SLA’s.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- ITIL awareness.
- Delivering outsourced services within SLA.
- Business and Portfolio expertise.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Solid organizational and time-management skills.
- Self-starting, self-motivating, self-learning work approach.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and affinity for team-based action planning.
- Ability to coordinate multiple, dissimilar activities simultaneously.
- An aggressive ability to clearly focus on deliverables while controlling disparate organizations involved in setting client expectations and defining service delivery.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with clients and internal work groups.
- Ability to keep management informed of real or potential problem areas and to provide resolution options.
- Flexibility to work extended work schedules as required.
- Aptitude for quick learning of technical and procedural topics.
- Minimal supervision required to see a job through to satisfactory completion.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and in writing, in English.
- Client-focused, resourceful, taking initiative, pro-active.
- Commercial, proven track record of building relationships.
- Results driven; analytical and a good negotiator.
- 6+ years of experience in IT area with management experience.
- Experience leading by example in a large, complex global environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience in IT.
- ITIL certification in Service Level Management.