ICT Services are currently seeking a IT Support Engineer, working on one of our customer sites in Dublin. This is a 6 months contract initially with extension available.
The successful candidate will provide onsite technical support services including:
- Installs, moves, adds, changes and de-install of end-user devices including desktops, laptops, printers, desk phones and peripherals.
- Troubleshooting and resolution of desktop and laptop issues.
- Smart-hands support for other devices including network, server, storage and other infrastructure devices at the direction Of Client IT Support teams
- Performing hardware break/fix services include onsite and remote diagnosis, identification / confirmation of faults and assessment of action. This may include a ‘fix’ based on manufacturers’ instructions of parts and labor repair, or whole unit repair.
- Support for desk phones is limited to basic troubleshooting, and soft setup of phones utilizing Knowledge Articles provided by the Client.
- Performing software troubleshooting and resolution, including driver upgrades and fixes, software de-install, install and configuration.
- Managing warranty transactions with the manufacturer inclusive of warranty entitlement, claims filing, ordering manufacturer parts, monitoring forward and reverse Shipment of parts, and recording of fix.
- Preparing equipment for disposal, including disk wipes.
- Providing support for common audio/visual equipment, limited to wellness checks, basic troubleshooting and configuration. Specialized equipment, such as that used in video or sound production, is out of scope.
- Providing basic “how-to” support for mobile devices.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows 10 and Office applications.
- Familiarity with Apple Mac devices and iOS operating system.
- Familiarity with infrastructure devices (Servers, UPS, Network and Storage devices, etc).
- Good soft skills.
- Good English skills.