ICT Services is an IT field services, roll-out and support services group.
Their 100-strong team provides an all-Ireland service from nine offices and parts hubs and are partnered with the largest and most innovative developers and IT manufacturers in the world.
The groups HQ is based in Dublin, with a subsidiary in Northern Ireland.
ICT Services deliver best in class IT solutions to customers, including the biggest names in the business all over Ireland. Supported by a network of engineers, an expert back office team and a meticulous attention to detail, the result is a first-class service, a rapid response to requests and round the clock dependability. This is a cutting edge organisation and an ideal place for innovative and energetic people who want to progress in their careers. You will have the opportunity to develop your career from both a technical and commercial perspective while working in a dynamic team environment.
Working on one of our core customer sites, this is an excellent opportunity for a flexible individual who is a self-starter with the ability to be productive under pressure. This is a fast-paced and rapidly changing business environment which requires an individual with an energetic and enthusiastic approach, along with maturity, self-confidence and self-motivation.
- Responding promptly to user requests for technical assistance;
- Using the Service Desk system to record, track and manage requests, changes, issues and tasks;
- Installing, configuring and supporting mobile devices such as tablets, mobile phones, laptops and other devices;
- Participating in the day-to-day installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of IT managed systems;
- Creating, enabling and disabling Active Directory user accounts and/or privileges upon request;
- Performing daily/weekly checks of all Dublin meeting rooms;
- Automating PC and laptop deployment and monitoring tasks using standard tools;
- Monitoring and supporting data centre infrastructure environment to ensure systems are operating to an optimal standard;
- Liaising with third parties to manage the change control process around data centre access;
- Working with IT Security staff to ensure all relevant policies are adhered to.
- Responding to security related incidents and assisting the wider team with scheduled system patching;
- Contributing to ongoing improvements within the IT support environment;
- Maintaining operational, configuration and other procedural documentation;
Required Knowledge and Skills
- 3+ years’ experience supporting a multi-vendor environment including VMWare/Microsoft Products;
- 3+ Years’ experience in Server and desktop hardware monitoring and support;
- Ability to work within teams based across multiple time zones;
- A keen interest in automation and process improvement;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to work on own initiative;
- Scripting and automation knowledge (VBScript, PowerShell)
- vSphere management with VCOPS
Additional Skills / Experience:
The following are an advantage but are not essential.
- Knowledge of networking and firewalls is an advantage but not essential.
- Knowledge of Citrix is an advantage but not essential.