Deskside Support Engineer – DublinDecember 31, 2019
Field Services Engineer – MunsterDecember 31, 2019
ICT Services are currently seeking a Desktop (level 2) Support Resource, working on one of our customer sites in Cork. This is a contract role working onsite with a high profile client client. Applicants must have previous experience in similar environments and meet and exceed the minimum requirements below.
- Provide 2nd line remote and desk side support services to end users.
- Troubleshoot PC related problems either via phone, remote tools or desk side support.
- Build, configure and troubleshoot PC and laptop applications and hardware components.
- Facilitate a warranty repair with the relevant hardware vendor.
- Perform ad-hoc deployment and/or on-site installation of workstation hardware and/or software.
- Perform coordination of workstation asset recovery.
- Maintenance of workstation/workstation spare parts break/fix, upgrades and new hires.
- Complete incidents and requests within SLA in pressurised environment.
- Experience with change control (ITIL best practice)
- Remote access management of datacentre calls
- Experience with Solo winds an advantage
- Ensure tickets are updated daily.
- Support meeting room environment and video conferencing, as needed.
- Support printers, scanners and other peripherals.
- Support mobile devices, such as iPads, iPhones.
- Support of Apple MAC devices.
- End-User Data back-up and restoration, as needed
- Basic remote server monitoring
- Management of tape rotation
- Experience with supporting a highly technical user base
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following experience:
- Excellent communication
- 2+ experience in a similar, onsite deskside position
- Experience logging, tracking, updating and closing tickets in a ticketing system.
- Experience with Active Directory (Adding / removing users, adjusting user permissions, etc.)