ICT Services is a leading IT field services, roll-out and support services group.
ICT Services deliver best in class IT solutions to customers, among them the biggest names in business across key industry sectors throughout Ireland. Supported by a network of engineers, an expert back office team, and with a meticulous attention to detail, the result is a first-class service. We provide a rapid response to requests, and round the clock dependability.
You will have the opportunity to develop your career from both a technical and commercial perspective, while working in a cross section of sectors, as a valued part of a dynamic team.
ICT Services are currently seeking a Desktop Support Technician, to work on one of our customer sites in Donegal. This is a full-time position working onsite with our customer.
- Provide remote and desk side support services to end users.
- Provide competent IT support and ensure that issues are dealt with in a prompt and appropriate manner.
- Troubleshoot PC related problems either via phone, remote tools or desk side support.
- Build, configuring and troubleshoot PC and laptop applications and hardware components.
- Experienced with troubleshooting and fixing hardware issues (desktops, laptops, routers, switches, printers, etc.)
- Perform ad-hoc deployment and/or on-site installation of workstation hardware and/or software.
- Basic network knowledge (LAN, WAN, Switches)
- Basic knowledge of connectivity (Firewalls, Remote access, VPN)
- Perform coordination of workstation asset recovery.
- Maintenance of workstation/workstation spare parts break/fix, upgrades and new hires.
- Complete incidents and requests within SLA in pressurised environment.
- Log all calls in the Service Desk Management system, ensuring that incidents are assigned and actioned appropriately.
- Ensure tickets are updated daily.
- Support meeting room environment and video conferencing, as needed.
- Support printers, scanners and other peripherals.
- Support mobile devices, such as iPads, iPhones.
- End-User Data back-up and restoration, as needed
- A 3rd level IT or related qualification.
- Microsoft Certified Professional certification in current systems is an advantage.
- Other accreditations and relevant experience in Information Technology an advantage. (ITIL)
- Experience with a wide range of hardware including servers, routers, firewalls, personal computers, laptops and printers
- Experience in the use of server application software such as Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Exchange Online, Microsoft SQL 2012/2014/2016, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Office 365 is required.
- Experience with a wide range of operating systems such as Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016, Windows 10 is essential.