ICT Services are currently working in conjunction with one of our biggest partners in order to deliver a large infrastructure upgrade project at our customers Limerick site. As part of this project we have several positions open for engineers to work onsite with our customer, a global leader in biotechnologies.
One such role is for a Windows Server Engineer. The engineer will support and maintain Microsoft Windows servers. This includes responding to service outages and other problems, and being a Tier 2 escalation point for server problems beyond the knowledge of other technical support staff. The Engineer will support virtualized and standalone servers and will need a good understanding of VMWare and Hyper-V hypervisors.
The Engineer is responsible for the following primary elements:
- Provide hands-on support and engineering work in the Windows 2008/2012 server environment
- Provide hands-on support and engineering work in VMWare 5.5 and above environment
- Monitor system performance or event logs for normal operations
- Familiarity with administering AWS and Azure cloud-based environments
- Apply documented system and security patches to ensure the security and stability of the environment
- Monitor system capacity against specific capacity plans
- Windows Server 2008/2012 Active Directory management including group memberships and file system security
- Understanding of creation and troubleshooting GPOs
- Adherence to change and incident management processes. Work the incident queue to resolve L2 server and L3 desktop tickets. Submit RFCs for all changes made in the environment, following documented procedures
- Adherence to Problem Management processes. Gather and document information to assist with the root cause or escalate to tier 3 for solution
- Ability to be part of a team and follow instructions accurately and effectively
- Good verbal and written communications as the engineer will need to interface with the Windows management team and the SDM to report status